· 1 can (14 oz) of sweetened condensed milk
1. Remove the label from the outside of the can
2. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and place the can of sweetened condensed milk into the pot. Make sure that the can is completely covered in water. Lay the can on its side if necessary.
3. Turn the heat down to low and allow the water to simmer for 2 hours. Make sure there is always water covering the entire can. You will need to add more water as some boils off.
4. Empty the water and use your oven mittens to remove the can.
5. Allow the can to cool completely before attempting to open. If you open when it is hot the pressure that has built up within the can may spurt out and burn you.
6. Use at room temperature.
Keywords: dulce de leche