· 1 cup of pecan halves
· ½ cup of brown sugar
· 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
· 3-4 tablespoons of water (enough to dissolve sugar)
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add brown sugar water and butter. Allow sugar to melt completely.
2. Once mixture begins to bubble gently for 30 seconds, add in the pecans.
3. Heat mixture for 2-3 minutes and coat pecans in sugar mixtures.
4. Remove pecans from saucepan and place directly onto a piece of parchment paper. Spread in a single layer to avoid the pecans from sticking to one another. Do not allow the pecans to cool in the pan or they will be very challenging to remove.
Keywords: candied pecans