Hi friends! I’m back with another fun tutorial on chocolate bar cakesicles. These chocolate bar cakesicles have cake mixed with some buttercream and are more substantial than your regular cakesicle, so one easily can be two servings. There are endless design options for this mold. It’s perfect for birthday parties, special occasions, or for a fun activity with your children. The supply list and a two-minute video are below in the post.
Chocolate Bar Cakesicle Tutorial
MATERIALS NEEDED to create chocolate bar cakesicle
- Cake Scraps
- Candy Melts or (Chocolate )
- Chocolate Bar Cakesicle Mold
- Cakesicles Sticks (the wooden sticks usually come with the mold. In this post, I used reusable acrylic cakesicle sticks from Occasional Papercuts.
- Small Offset Spatula
- Sprinkles I used Fancy Sprinkles “Popsicle Stick” Use CAKEINSPO15 for a 15% discount!
- Edible Glitter. I used Fancy Sprinkles Prism Powder (Coupon Code on their website is above)
- Optional: Photo Styling (for bloggers and cake creators). I purchased these fantastic party confetti from Festive Fetti.
- Mix cake scraps with some buttercream. Usually, a small bit will do it. Stop when the mix is not dry anymore.
- Melt the chocolate following the instructions. I usually melt at 30-second intervals until melted.
- Apply the coating chocolate to the mold cavities.
- Put the mold in the fridge to harden the chocolate quickly for a few minutes to 5 minutes.
- Place it back in the fridge.
- Roll a small ball of the cake mix (approx 2 TBSP) and put them in the mold cavities, and flatten them. Add more cake mix if needed.
- Slowly insert the sticks. It works better when chocolate isn’t fully set.
- Cover the cake mix with chocolate.
- Scrape off the excess chocolate paying attention to the edges.
- Put the mold in the fridge for the last time.
- Once the chocolate is very firm (after 10-15 min), the cakesicles are ready to be popped out. Gently pop them out.
- Melt another batch of color. Make sure it is not too hot or it will melt the cakesicle.
- Dip the cakesicle in the melted chocolate.
- Add sprinkles to the melted chocolate.
- Dip a brush (I used a foam sponge brush) into the edible glitter and lightly tap on the cakesicle.
- That is it. Enjoy!
I hope that you will give this a try! Please drop a comment below or tag me on @findyourcakeinspiration. I’d love to see your creation!