Hi friends! Happy 2022! I hope 2022 is off to a good start for you all! I know it is January but Valentine’s Day is approaching quickly! I love doing content for Valentine’s Day because it has so many amazing colors and decorating ideas. I settled on marbled buttercream, sprinkles, chocolate lettering, and chocolate lips for my valentine’s day cake. I had so much fun doing this beautiful cake! Read on to get a supply guide and a quick video on how to make this. For more Valentine’s Day cake inspiration, click here.
Valentine’s Day Cake Tutorial
Valentine’s Day Cake Supply Guide
- Heart Cake Pan
- Soft Pink Gel Color
- Deep Pink Gel Color
- Violet Gel Color
- Disposable Piping Bags
- Piping Tip 1M
- Alphabet Mold (Also available on Fancy Sprinkles)
- Lip Mold
- White Chocolate
- Letterboard Cake Comb
- Cake Comb
- Fancy Sprinkles Sprinkle Blend
- Fancy Sprinkles Edible Glitter: (CAKEINSPO15 for a discount. Make sure the glitter is EDIBLE when purchasing from Amazon.)
How To Make a Cute Valentine’s Day Cake
- Bake your favorite recipe using the heart pan. Just one cake layer. I used a vanilla cake recipe.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes then take the cake out of the pan.
- Cut the top using a serrated knife or a cake lever if there is a significant dome.
- Make your favorite buttercream.
- Tint the buttercream using the mentioned gel colors above or your desired colors in seperate bowls
- Crumb coat the cake with buttercream covering all of the naked spots.
- Put it in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Fill three disposable piping bags and cut off a snip large enough to pipe.
- Pipe in a diagonal line and alternate with other colors until you reach end of the cake.
- Slowly run the jagged cake comb. Heat it up as needed. Repeat until you reach the end.
- You can use a cake comb with a flat edge to help to smooth the cake then use the jagged cake comb for a “letter cake” effect.
- Pipe the border along the cake using the 1M tip in a piping bag.
- Melt white compound chocolate for the alphabet mold and fill the desired letters.
- Fill the lip mold with your desired chocolate colors.
- Let them cool in the fridge until firm.
- Apply the letters to the cake.
- Sprinkle on the cake.
- Apply the chocolate lip and dust with some edible glitter for the perfect finish.