Hi friends! The fall is around the corner, so it is time for some fall cakes! I created this beautiful fall Lambeth cake last year. It was a lot of fun making it but time-consuming due to various piping styles and buttercream colors. Lambeth-style cakes are one of my favorite cake trends. They have a variety of piping styles and colors. Scroll down for a supply guide, written instructions, and a short video. For more fall inspiration, click here.
Materials Needed To Make A Fall-Inspired Cake
- 1M Wilton Piping Tip (2-3 tips depending on how many colors you are using)
- Piping 4B Tip
- Petal Tip 104
- Disposable Piping Bags or Reusable Piping Bags
- Gel Food Colorings I used Americolor gel colors: orange, burgundy, soldier green, and ivory. Click here for a detailed guide on how to get burgundy under the supply guide.
- Cake Scraper
- Pumpkin Carriage sprinkles
- Royal Icing Pumpkins (Optional)
Instructions To Make Fall Lambeth Cake
Scroll down for the video.
- Make your favorite buttercream. Set aside 1 cup of buttercream.
- Color the big batch of buttercream burgundy.
- Cover your cake with burgundy buttercream by piping around the cake.
- Smooth the cake with a scraper
- Separate the remaining buttercream into three bowls (for three colors).
- Color each bowl green, ivory, and orange.
- Lay out a cling wrap and add burgundy, ivory, and orange buttercreams.
- Roll it up and snip off the end.
- Put it in a piping bag with 1M Wilton tip.
- Pipe at the bottom of the cake.
- Fit a piping bag with the 4B piping tip and scoop in the green buttercream.
- Pipe the second row.
- Use the ivory buttercream for the piping bag with a petal tip.
- Pipe the large half circles on the top of the cake using the petal tip. Use a large cookie cutter to lightly indent the cake for an easier time with piping half circles.
- Do the drops with a 4B piping tip under the ivory circles.
- Using the same 4B piping tip for the top of the cake to pipe a border.
- Finally, use the orange buttercream to create a double border.
- Sprinkle the sprinkles on the top of the cake.
- Affix the royal pumpkins if desired.
Thanks so much for following along! I hope this tutorial was straightforward and easy to understand. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments! Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube for more cake tutorials and cake inspiration.