UPDATE: Chocoley went out of business this year (2020) so I put in chocolate alternatives that I use! I’ve been enjoying seeing these super cute cake cones on Instagram and I was inspired to make some yummy chocolate and vanilla cake cones with Chocoley chocolates. The cake cones are a perfect alternative to a cake, cupcakes, or cake pops. You can be creative as much you want with the cake cones because the options are endless!
Chocolate & Vanilla Cake Cones
My cake cones are yellow cake with real white chocolate (using Chocoley’s white chocolate) buttercream and chocolate buttercream with the addition of strawberries, cherries, chocolate barks, and chocolate coconut & caramel balls.
What you will need:
- Chocolates (The chocolates can be found at the grocery store. They need to be for candy making or dipping)
- Waffle Cones
- Cake of your choice
- Buttercream of your choice
- Fruit (Strawberries, cherries, or fruit of your own choosing)
- Sprinkles (Use CAKEINSPO15 to save 15% off your order)
- Piping Bags
- Piping tips (I used a 1M tip)
- Cake Cones Stand
- Chocolate Ball Mold
- Set the oven to 350 degrees or as called in the recipe you are using.
- Pour 2 Tablespoons of cake mix into the waffle cones. (I had to use a little bit more than 2 Tablespoons for the waffle cones but use your judgment.)
- Put the waffle cones in the cake cones stand and set them on a cookie rack.
- Bake them for 10-15 minutes. The time is much less than a regular cake recipe because there are only 2 tablespoons of cake mix. You’d have to keep an eye on them to make sure they won’t burn! Bake less or more if needed.
- Make your preferred buttercreams. For the white chocolate buttercream, I used this exact recipe and incorporated Chocoley white chocolate.
- Melt the chocolates using their instructions and dip your fruits in the dark and white chocolates.
- To make coconut and caramel chocolate balls, I put chocolate in the mold and made sure to cover all of the molds. I refrigerated the mold for 5 minutes then I put coconut balls in the molds. I covered the balls with the remaining chocolates and put the mold in the fridge for another 5 minutes.
- To make dark and white chocolate barks, I melted them then spread the chocolate on a baking sheet with a wax paper. I added some sprinkles while they were still warm then put the baking sheet in the fridge for 5 minutes. Crack the hard barks into pieces of your preference.
- Pipe the buttercream on the waffle cake cones.
- Adorn the cake cones with all of the dipped fruit, chocolate balls, and barks on the buttercream. I put the cake cones in the fridge for 5 minutes to firm the buttercream a little bit more before adding the rest of the items. Add more cake decorations as you wish.
- Enjoy your delicious dark and white chocolate waffle cake cones!
Here is a great resource for troubleshooting with the chocolates.
My family and I really enjoyed eating these yummy treats. The chocolates were so GOOD. I also used their dark chocolate to create ganache for the drips and dipped cherries on my husband’s birthday cake!
Why Chocoley? Their chocolate products are made a select grade of cocoa beans from the finest cacao and other ingredients are rich and pure. Their products also don’t contain NO hydrogenated oils. They also taste GREAT! Read more on their website and check out the rest of their products.
Please let me know if you have any questions in the comments! I hope you will try them and definitely tag my Instagram, so I can see them!
Chocoley sent me a few products to try out in exchange for a blog post. All of the opinions are 100% my own. I only work with brands that I will use in my own baking goods.
This blog post includes affiliate links which mean that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase. Thanks so much for your support with my blog!