How to Make Fall Pumpkin Cupcakes
Hi friends! The fall season is officially here! I had an order for fall-themed pumpkins for a bridal shower. I chose the colors to match the bridal shower invitation below for inspiration. Buttercream piping is not one of my best skills but I had fun doing these cupcakes! Scroll down for a supply guide, written instructions, and a short video. For more fall inspiration, click here.
Materials Needed To Make Fall Pumpkin Cupcakes
- 1M Wilton Piping Tip (base flower)
- Piping 2D Tip (drop flowers)
- Petal Tip 104 (maroon flower)
- Piping Tip #356 (leaves)
- Disposable Piping Bags or Reusable Piping Bags
- Small Piping Nail
- Gel Food Colorings I used black, burgundy, crimson, and olive.
- Pumpkin Mold
- White Chocolate Wafers
- Gold Sprinkles
- Silver Baking Cups
Instructions To Make Fall Pumpkin Cupcakes
Scroll down for the video.
- Line a cupcake pan with silver baking cups.
- Bake your favorite cupcake recipe.
- Make your favorite buttercream.
- Make chocolate pumpkins using the pumpkin mold and white chocolate wafers. Heat up a small bowl with chocolate for 30 seconds then 15 second intervals until it is melted. Place them in the freezer to speed up the process. Do this again to get the number that you need. Place them aside.
- Seperate the buttercream into three bowls, reserving a small portion buttercream for the burgundy color.
- Color the first batch with olive green food coloring.
- Color the second batch with a drop of black gel coloring to create gray.
- Color the last small batch with the burgundy gel coloring and add a few drops of crimson to create maroon color.
- Fit a piping bag with a 1M piping tip and light olive green buttercream.
- Pipe in a counterclockwise motion starting in the middle to create a rose.
- Fit a piping bag with a 2D piping tip and gray buttercream.
- Pipe 3-4 drop flowers on the top of the rose.
- Place the pumpkin on the left side.
- Fit a piping bag with a #104 piping petal tip and maroon buttercream.
- Use a piping nail with a piece of parchment paper (use a dab of buttercream to keep it on the nail). Pipe in a clockwise direction (see video below).
- Affix some gold sprinkles in the center.
- Put it on a baking sheet.
- Continue doing this until you get the number you need for the cupcakes.
- Put the baking sheet in the freezer for 10-15 minutes until the buttercream is firm.
- Gently peel the flower off the parchment paper and place on the cupcakes.
- Color the olive buttercream with more olive gel coloring to get a darker shade for the leaves. I usually do a small portion to get the color quicker.
- Fit a piping bag with a #356 piping tip or a small leaf tip and dark olive green buttercream.
- Pipe some leaves around the maroon flower.
- Pipe another gray drop flower on the bottom of the cupcake.
- Finish off the cupcakes with some edible glitter!
Thanks so much for following along! I hope this tutorial was straightforward and easy to understand. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments! Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube for more cake tutorials and cake inspiration.
These pumpkin cupcakes look so pretty and your photos are amazing! I love your blog and recipes! Thank you!
Thank you so much!