Hi friends! September is here, which means fall is around the corner. It’s such a welcome relief after a brutal summer. I love everything that has to do with the fall. It’s a beautiful time of the year! I created these fall-themed cakesicles a couple of years ago and am now writing a blog post on them. I hope you love them as much as I do! Scroll down for a supply list, instructions, and a short video at the bottom.
Fall Themed Cakesicles Tutorial
Materials Needed To Make Fall Cakesicles
- Cake Mix or Cake Scraps of your favorite flavor
- Brown & White Coating Chocolate (Chocolate Wafers)
- Track Popsicle Mold (CAKEINSPO for a discount) (Etsy also offers this)
- Popsicle Sticks (the wooden sticks usually come with the mold. In this post, I used reusable acrylic cakesicle sticks from Occasional Papercuts.
- Small Offset Spatula
- Pumpkin Carriage sprinkles
Instructions To Make Fall Themed Cakesicles
- Mix cake scraps with a glop of buttercream in a large bowl. You do not need a lot of buttercream because the cake scraps are already sweet enough. It will be mushy if you use too much buttercream. The buttercream needs to be at room temperature. Stop when the mix is not dry anymore.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. I usually melt it at a 30-second interval and a 15-second interval until it is melted. Do not overheat the chocolate.
- Apply the brown melted chocolate inside of the mold only in the top grooved area.
- Put the mold in the fridge to harden the chocolate quickly for a few minutes to 5 minutes.
- Apply chocolate to the sides using the popsicle stick. Ensure that the sides are covered.
- Put the mold back in the fridge to harden.
- Apply the white melted chocolate in the bottom area. Repeat the steps as you did for the green leaf.
- Make a small ball of the cake mix (approx 1 TBSP) and put it in the mold cavities, and flatten it.
- Slowly insert the stick.
- Cover the top of the mold and cake mix with a dab of chocolate, making sure to cover all of the sides of the mold and cover any cake crumbs.
- Scrape off the excess chocolate paying attention to the edges.
- Put the mold in the fridge for the last time.
- Once the chocolate is firm, it is ready to be popped out.
- Gently pop the cakesicle out.
- Sprinkle on some fall themed sprinkles and edible glitter to make it sparkle!
- Store it in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
- Enjoy the delicious fall themed cakesicles!
Thanks for reading! I hope you have a wonderful fall!