How to Make Pretty Cakesicles
Hi everyone! I’m here with a quick tutorial on cakesicles and a supply list. Are you familiar with what they are? They are kind of similar to cake pops, but you use a mold to create the cakesicles using cake scraps mixed with buttercream and coating chocolate. The supply list, instructions, and a short time-lapse video are below.
Fun Cakesicles (Cake Pops) Tutorial
MATERIALS NEEDED TO CREATE pretty cakesicles
- Cake Scraps
- Coating Chocolate
- Candy Melts
- Tango Silicone Mold (It’s currently sold out on Amazon. Here’s a link from Etsy for the same mold.
- Cakesicles Sticks (the wooden sticks usually come with the mold. In this post, I used reusable acrylic cakesicle sticks from Occasional Papercuts.
- Small Offset Spatula
- Sprinkles Use CAKEINSPO15 for a 15% discount!)
- Optional: Photo Styling (for bloggers and cake creators). I purchased these fantastic party confetti from Festive Fetti.
- Mix cake scraps with some buttercream. Usually, a small bit will do it. Stop when the mix is not dry anymore.
- Melt the chocolate following the instructions. I usually melt at 30-second intervals until it is melted.
- Apply the first chocolate color to the mold cavities if using two different colors as pictured. If not, just apply to the entire mold cavities.
- Put the mold in the fridge to harden the chocolate quickly for a few minutes to 5 minutes.
- Apply the second chocolate color (if applicable).
- Put the mold in the fridge.
- Reapply both colors, especially on the sides.
- Put it back in the fridge.
- Make a small ball of the cake mix (approx 1 TBSP) and put them in the mold cavities, and flatten them.
- Slowly insert the sticks. It works better when chocolate hasn’t had time to set.
- Cover the cake mix with chocolate.
- Scrape off the excess chocolate paying attention to the edges.
- Put the mold in the fridge for the last time.
- Once the chocolate is firm, the cakesicles are ready to be popped out. Gently pop them out.
- Add sprinkles if desired. I used a kitchen blowtorch for sprinkles to stick better. (Saw this tip on Instagram!)
I hope that you will give this a try! Please drop a comment below or tag me on @findyourcakeinspiration. I’d love to see your creation! NOTE: I did not create this technique and I’ve learned by watching tutorials! 🙂
Lindo o seu trabalho.
Quero muito saber onde compro os palitos e o molde.
Um grande abraço.
Sou do Brazil
You make everything so easy! Love this will try and make some🤞🏻
Thank you so much!