Hi friends! I am back with some sweet valentine’s treats for this upcoming Valentine’s Day season! I created these with edible cookie dough with sprinkles and crushed pretzels for my cake business Valentine’s Day offerings for this year. You can use anything from cake scraps with a small amount of buttercream, cookie dough, crushed Oreos & pretzels, to puddings for these fun treats without sticks as well. They also work for girly birthday themes, baby showers, bachelorette parties, and many more. Scroll down for a guide on where to get supplies and a short video on how to make sweet valentine’s treats!
Sweet Valentine’s Treats Tutorial
As I mentioned in my previous post, most of the time, you will want to use compound chocolate that is best for candy making, dipping, molding, and such because it doesn’t require tempering. Compound chocolate is also called confectionery chocolates, and coating chocolate that looks and tastes like chocolate. Pure chocolate requires tempering, so if you were to use high-quality chocolates for this tutorial, you would need to temper, or you’ll have chocolate that won’t harden. You can search tempering chocolate if you want to go that route. Below are the links for compound chocolates that I have used.
- Sweet Tooth Fairy Meltables (I use them often since I can run to Michaels and buy.)
- Fancy Sprinkles Easy Candy (Tastes great and I use them as well. CAKEINSPO15 for a 15% discount)
- Wilton Candy Melts (Not the best taste but they work)
- White Guittard Chocolate (You will need to use oil-based coloring to make any custom colors such as Chefmaster, Wilton, or Colour Mill)
- Dark Guittard Chocolate
- Grocery Store Brands (Make sure they are called candy coating chocolate)
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO MAKE MAKE Sweet Valentine’s Treats
- Edible Cookie Dough (Google any edible cookie dough recipe. I used a recipe from the Hello, Cookie Dough book)
- Fancy Sprinkles Serena Xo Silicone Mold (Comes with glitter sticks. CAKEINSPO15 for a 15% discount off your total order)
- Compound Chocolates (See the list above. I used Fancy Sprinkles Easy Candy in Hot Pink and Purple Orchid)
- Crushed Pretzels
- Sprinkles (Fancy Sprinkles “Dopamine Hit” blend is what I used on these treats)
- Kitchen Blowtorch
INSTRUCTIONS FOR Sweet Valentine’s Treats
- Make edible cookie dough as instructed as to the recipe calls. Fold in sprinkles and pretzels.
- Melt chocolate first at 30-second intervals then 15-second intervals until all melted.
- Apply melted chocolate to the mold.
- Spread the chocolate inside of the mold using one of the sticks or a small offset spatula. Make sure there are no gaps.
- Put the mold in the fridge to harden.
- Insert the sticks in the mold but slowly. You can also skip this step because they work as stand alone treats!
- Double coat ALL of the edges to avoid breakage and make sure the coat is thick around the O’s
- Put in the fridge again.
- Put in edible cookie dough (or cake mixture of your choice)
- Push the sticks in if using sticks.
- Spread melted chocolate on the top of the mold. Do not cover O’s (the white in middle) with chocolate or scrap the excess chocolate off.
- Scrape off excess chocolate with the offset spatula.
- Put the mold in the fridge for 5 min or until they are hard.
- Gently pop them out with extra care. Start at the bottom and work your way up.
- Use a kitchen blowtorch to melt the chocolate for the sprinkles to be adhered.
- Sprinkle on the sprinkles!
- Enjoy! They are good up to a week in an airtight container.
Quick Instagram Reel
I hope this sweet valentine’s treats tutorial was easy to understand. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments! Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube for more cake tutorials and cake inspiration.