Hi friends! I know the summer is almost over but these fun watermelon cupcakes will be a hit year-round. Watermelon is one of my favorite summer fruits, so juicy! I did these cupcakes in conjunction with my watermelon cake. It’s perfect for a watermelon-themed party. Read on for a quick cupcake decorating tutorial on how to make watermelon cupcakes with your preferred recipe. I’ve linked recipe suggestions at the bottom of the post.
Quick & Easy Watermelon Cupcake Tutorial
Supplies Needed To Make Watermelon Cupcakes
- A Classic Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
- Foil Cupcake Liners
- Your Favorite Buttercream (Check out the Swiss Meringue Buttercream recipe here)
- 1M Piping Tips
- Piping Bags
- Cling Wrap
- Gel Colors (Red, Deep Pink, Leaf Green, Bright Green)
- Black Sprinkles (you can also find some at your local baking store & craft store)
- Bake cupcakes according to the recipe.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely.
- Make your preferred buttercream and divide the batch into three colors (Dark Pink, Leaf Green, and Bright Green). Add a touch of red to the deep pink to create dark pink.
- Pipe the different colors in lines on a cling wrap. Scoop the buttercream using a spatula on a cling wrap (if you prefer to save the piping bags)
- Wrap the cling wrap and snip off the end then put it in a piping bag with a 1M piping tip.
- Pipe the buttercream on the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle on black sprinkles to create “watermelon seeds”. So easy!
- Enjoy the fun treats!